Users didn't receive an email notification for a specific blog post, document, or another content item that appears in a news stream, despite other content items in that stream generating email notifications.
This article provides information on two possible causes of this issue:
- A news and activity stream intermittent outage
- The content item not meeting the news stream notification criteria
A News and Activity Stream Intermittent Outage
This issue may be occurring as the result of an intermittent outage incident affecting the News and Activity Streams in one of the Jive Cloud regions. To identify if there are any ongoing incidents being investigated, please review the Jive Software Status page.
If there is a News and Activity Stream intermittent outage incident listed on that page that matches your region, please subscribe to the incident to ensure you receive notifications when the investigation makes progress.
If there isn't a News and Activity Stream incident listed on that page that matches your region, please check the section below.
The Content Item Not Meeting the News Stream Notification Criteria
News streams will only send out email notifications for blog posts or other content items that were initially created in a place that is included in the news stream rules.
For example, if a blog post was initially published (or saved as a draft) to a personal blog, and then moved or published to a blog that is part of the news stream rules, an email notification will not be sent for that blog post despite it appearing in the news stream.
Users with the Manage System or Manage Community levels can use the Analytics Export Tool to determine the actions that were taken on a content item by following these steps:
- Navigate to the content item.
- Make a note of its creation date.
- Copy the URL/the contents of the browser's address bar.
- Click on your user avatar.
- Click on Analytics Export.
- Click on the button with the + icon, then search for ContentActionObject.Url, and select it in the dropdown that appears:
- In the popup that appears, paste in the URL you copied in Step 3, then click on the + button:
- Click on Apply.
- Click on the ActivityTime filter, and narrow down the date range to match the creation date of the blog post:
- Click on Apply.
- Click on the Preview button.
- Check the entry at the bottom of the result list. If the Action does not being with ACTIVITY_CREATE, this means that the content item was created in a different place and then moved to the current place where it appears.
If you are unable to verify that the content item was initially published to a different location, or if you can confirm that the place it was created in is covered by the News Stream rules, please contact us so that ATLAS can assist you. If you are not satisfied with the solution provided by ATLAS, then it will create a ticket for you on which you can provide the below information:
- A link to the content item in the description.
- The name of the news stream the email notification should have been sent from.