Admin Essentials is available as a Plugin and as an Add-On. It adds several useful features that are not available in the core product interface, including changing Social Group URLs and bulk-adding users to Social Groups (by username, id, or email address).
- The Admin Essentials Plugin is available for Jive 6, 7, and 8.
- The Add-On does not have full feature parity yet with the Plugin, but it is upgrade-friendly on Jive Cloud and beyond.
This article provides information on Admin Essentials' functionality and history.
What Does It Do?
- The Admin Essentials app provides group administrators the option to add users to the group while skipping the general invitation/accept/approval process for group membership.
- Users can be added in bulk to Social Groups, and the URL of the Social Group can also be changed.
History of the Admin Essentials Tools
This Plugin was developed initially by Ryan Rutan as a free plugin to add an array of tools and administrative functions to add helpful tools into the product.
Few features have been rolled into the core product or have been replaced by more advanced functionality.
As his role is now Development Evangelist, he will be focusing his time on the Jive Developer community and no longer personally maintaining this functionality.
How Do I Get It?
Contact your Jive sales representative for details.
- This Plugin is not available beyond Jive 7.
- Starting in Jive Cloud and Jive 8, only the Add-On solution will be available.
How Do I Access the Features Once I Have It Installed?
This depends on whether you have the Plugin-based solution or the Add-On based solution installed.
- Refer to the Accessing the Admin Essentials Add-On Features article for detailed information.
- Go to the Admin Console > Admin tab.
What is the Difference Between the Plugin and the Add-On?
Refer to the article: Difference Between the Admin Essentials Plugin and the Add-On to get a detailed understanding of the feature availability between the Plugin and the Add-On.