- After installing the latest Record Retention plugin, the user can see attachments for smaller files, but not for very large files.
- The user tested by uploading a word doc that was over 52 MB and received an email from Jive with this message:
This is message 1 of 1 and includes attachments for a previous message.
An attachment related to an event in this email exceeds the maximum size and will not be sent.
Maximum attachment size (retention.attachable.size.limit): 52400000 bytes
Unsent attachment: big test file2.docx, application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.document, 53203230 bytes
- The user decreased the file to 48 MB and then the user got no retention email at all for that large upload.
- The user got retention emails just fine for smaller files of a few MB or less.
- There are various retention and attachment errors in the logs, but the user is not sure how to resolve.
- Jive Cloud Legacy
- Jive Cloud AWS
The issue here requires an understanding of actual file size versus the expected file size.
With records retention, if you do not see your attachments being delivered, you will need to check the following two things:
- What is the maximum attachment limit your email provider will accept?
- What is the file size set in your Record Retention property
retention.attachable.size.limit? (This will be in Bytes)
If these two items are inline then you must now understand how email handles attachment encoding and be prepared for the inflation of the Actual size due to Multi-Purpose Internet Mail Extensions (MIME) encoding.
- Attachments via MIME encoding delivered are close to 40% larger in size then the original actual attachment size.
- So if you are not seeing an attachment think about taking that size and increasing it by 40% and see if it falls under the two criteria mentioned above.
- If so you should receive the attachment as an actual file to your email.
- If not you will only receive a link to that content where the attachment is.