You have previously engaged the PS Team to install and configure the latest version of the Ask Me Anything (AMA) Add-on. While setting up a new AMA session, you verified the Hosts were Moderators for the space and were marked as Hosts, however, they are unable to view the “Host View” link within the Create menu. This is preventing them from answering questions during the AMA session.
Most commonly this behavior is the result of the Hosts not being added to the custom permissions group defined within your AMA Add-on, as noted within the Ask Me Anything Add-on User Guide (Worx).
Generally, this permissions group is defined with the name “Ask_Me_Anything_Host” or "ask-me-anything-hosts-group” as noted within the user guide’s Configuring access to the Host View section. If you are uncertain of the group you used, you can reference the steps below to verify the group you defined and make the necessary changes.
Verifying your AMA Host Permission Group
- Click on your avatar in the upper-right corner, and select Add-ons to open the Add-ons page.
- From the Installed Tab, locate the AMA Add-on.
- Select Settings from the Cogwheel menu next to the AMA Add-on.
Within the Included apps section, click the App Security cogwheel menu.
Within the “User Groups who can see this app” section, verify the group that appears.
Adding Hosts to the User Group
- Go to the user group configuration page: Admin Console > Permissions > User Groups.
From the cogwheel next to your AMA host group, select Manage Group Members.
- Enter any AMA Hosts within the Add Members section, and then click Add Selected users.
After saving the configuration for the Permissions User Group, log in with one of the newly defined AMA Hosts and verify that the Host View is now visible. If you continue to experience issues, please contact us.