After upgrading your Jive instance, you have noticed that the Gamification console for your community is missing. When you click on your user avatar, the Gamification menu does not appear, and the interface to configure the gamification for your instance is completely missing. The gamification information that used to appear in user profiles is no longer there.
This issue may be occurring due to the Gamification plugin credentials not being valid after the upgrade. Please follow these steps to confirm if the credentials are valid:
- Log in to the Admin Console with a user that has the Manage System system administration permission level or a higher level of permission.
- Click on the Gamification tab. If this tab is missing, follow the steps in Installing the Nitro/Bunchball Gamification Plugin.
- Click on Connection Configuration in the left-side menu.
- Fill in the information on this page with your Gamification/Nitro connection information. This would have been previously provided to you by Jive. If you are unsure what this information should be or are unable to retrieve it, please contact us.
- Click on the Save Settings button.
- Check the information listed in the Testing section.
To retrieve the customer's Bunchball/Nitro credentials, check the information in this article. If their credentials are not listed in the documents that are mentioned there, start a side conversation with email@example.com.
If the Bunchball team indicates that the customer's account was disabled due to being inactive, or if the customer continues to encounter issues using Gamification in their instance after the above steps, it's possible there is an issue with the certificates installed on that customer's web servers or an issue with the certificates in the newer Jive version. To check if this is the case, review the SBS logs for their instance to see if you can find the following strings:
- Caused by: com.jivesoftware.ps.nitro.client.NitroClientException: Error invoking URL:
- Caused by: org.bouncycastle.tls.TlsFatalAlert: certificate_unknown(46)
If so, ask the customer to provide you with the output of them running this command on one of their web servers:
- /usr/local/jive/java/bin/keytool -keystore /usr/local/jive/java/jre/lib/security/cacerts -storepass changeit -list
Check the results to confirm that the certificates that appear as the result of this command (you can run this on your own computer) are in the customer's certificate list:
- openssl s_client -showcerts -connect solutions.console.bunchball.net:443
If those certificates are not in the customer's certificate list, save each certificate from the results of that command to a .crt file, then provide those files to the customer, and ask them to perform this command for each .crt file, replacing <crt file name> with the name of each certificate file:
- $ /usr/local/jive/java/bin/keytool -storetype BCFKS -keystore cacerts -storepass changeit -import -alias <cert_alias> -file <crt file name>.crt
To confirm that the Gamification connection information is now correct, please follow these steps:
- Browse to your community homepage.
- Click on your user avatar.
- Click on Gamification.
- The Nitro/Gamification Console should now appear.
If you encounter any issues while using Gamification in your instance, please contact us so that ATLAS can assist you. If you are not satisfied with the solution provided by ATLAS, then it will create a ticket for you on which you can attach the SBS logs from your web servers (located in /usr/local/jive/var/logs).