This article provides instructions on how to configure Jive for Office on your Jive instances and it is meant to be used by system administrators. If you are an end-user who wants to install the Jive for Office add-in, please refer to Installing and Configuring Jive for Office For End Users.
- Administrative access to your on-premise Jive instance.
Please note that the instructions in this article only apply to the on-premise deployment of Jive. If you have a Jive Hosted instance, please open up a support ticket to have this configured. Jive for Office is enabled out-of-the-box for Jive Cloud instances.
- Install the Extended APIs plugin. This plugin is required for Jive products that depend on these APIs.
- Navigate to Admin Console > System > Settings > Extended APIs.
- Under the Modules tab, ensure that the Jive for Office is checked for the property Is Enabled.
- Under the Desktop Applications tab, ensure that the Jive for Office is checked for the property Is Download Enabled.
- Navigate to your Jive instance.
- Click on your user avatar on the top right corner and select the Tools option.
- You should be able to see Jive for Office listed as one of the available downloads.