You can always view the gamification activities of each player, and activate or deactivate players. If you lose track, you can always reset their status via the Players tab of the Rewards Console.
This article demonstrates the steps for activating and deactivating users in the Jive Rewards Console. The process can be done for specific users or in bulk.
- Administrator or Community Manager access to the Jive Admin Console.
- Installed the latest version of the Jive Playbox gamification system.
Activate or Deactivate Players - Individually
- Log in to Jive as an Administrator.
- Go to your Avatar Menu.
- From the menu, click the Rewards Console to launch it.
- Click the Players tab.
- Click the button under the Activate/deactivate column to activate or deactivate a player.
Activate or Deactivate Players - In Bulk
- Go to the Players tab in the Rewards Console.
- From the bottom of the Players page, click Change user status in bulk to open the Update multiple users window.
- An Activate or deactivate their statuses dialog box appears, prompting you to bulk upload the player details and their statuses. If required, you can export the current list of players and their current status in CSV format by using the Click Here button.
- Make changes to the .CSV file under the status column, whether a player will be activated or deactivated.
- Save your changes to the .CSV file and remember its location.
- Click Select a file to upload.
- Then, browse and upload the file with the updated data in CSV format.
- Click Save.
For individual user activation and deactivation, changes are applied automatically right after you toggle the Activate/Deactivate button.
If players are successfully deactivated from the Rewards system, they will no longer earn points and will not show up in the leaderboards. For activated players, search for their profile in the Jive community and monitor the events performed if they are able to earn user points and badges.