If you have the Video Module enabled, your community supports the ability to embed videos from other sites, such as YouTube or Vimeo. If you also have the Video Upload feature enabled, your community allows its members to record and upload videos. This article provides the procedure for configuring video preferences.
Members of the community can upload their own video (even record it themselves if they have a webcam). Videos uploaded in this way are visible only within the community.
To configure Video in your community:
- Navigate to Admin Console > System > Video > Preferences.
- Specify the following settings:
- Select the Allow webcam checkbox if you want to be able to use their computer's webcam to record video for uploading.
- Select Autoplay to automatically play videos when a user navigates to a video object, which is a video created from the dropdown under the Pencil Icon () > Video.
- Select Autoplay Embedded to automatically play videos when a user navigates to content, comments, or replies containing a video.
- Select Allow Video Download to allow users to download video objects that have been added as uploaded videos from the dropdown under the Pencil Icon () > Video.
- Choose an image to use as a watermark. Some version of your community's logo may be the right choice.
- Click Save Settings, to apply the changes.