Application-wide discussion settings control useful but performance-intensive features such as read tracking and thread mode. This article provides the procedure for configuring discussions application-wide.
- You can also set some aspects of how threads marked as questions should be handled.
- If you see slower performance, try disabling read tracking and turning the thread mode default to Flat. Both of these features can tax performance on some configurations.
To configure discussions:
- Navigate to Admin Console > System > Settings > Discussions.
- In Enable Read Tracking, select one of the following:
- Select Enabled to allow users who viewed messages mark them as read.
- Select Disabled to mark discussions as read automatically.
- In Read Tracking Age Threshold, specify the number of days after which unanswered discussions are marked as read.
- In Thread Mode, specify how replies appear:
- Flat: Replies appear in a list.
- Threaded: Replies are indented.
When replies reach the maximum (the default is 100), replies appear flat even if you or the user has set them to appear as threaded.
- In Correct Answers, select Enabled to allow the users to mark replies as Correct Answers.
- In New Thread Behavior, specify if new discussions are marked as questions by default.
- Click Save Settings, to apply the changes.