You can have every user-uploaded avatar image to be added to a moderation queue for approval or rejection.
This article provides the procedure for reviewing user-uploaded avatars.
When you choose to have avatars moderated, a user uploading an avatar is notified by the interface that their avatar choice is pending approval. Once approved, the avatar becomes available for the user to designate it as their primary avatar.
After a user uploads an avatar, the avatar moderation queue becomes available to the moderator through a link on the Avatar Settings page in the Admin Console. Please note that the avatar moderator will see the link only when there are images in the queue waiting to be moderated.
To review user-uploaded avatars:
- Navigate to Admin Console > People > Settings > Avatar Settings.
- Click the Moderation queue to see the avatars which must be reviewed.
The avatar moderator sees the Moderation queue link only when there are images in the queue waiting to be moderated.
- Review every avatar in the list and:
- Select Approve to make the avatar available for the user.
- Select Reject to reject the avatar.
- When you are finished reviewing avatars, click Save All Changes to apply the changes.
The approved avatars appear on the user avatar list. It does not become the user's primary avatar until the user manually selects it.