With keywords added to the URLs, the words from the Title field of a newly created content item are included in the URL for the item. This change can improve SEO (Search Engine Optimization) for external-facing communities.
This article provides information regarding SEO in Jive and provides the procedure for enabling keywords in URLs.
Jive Cloud supports the addition of keywords to URLs from the 2016.2 version.
Keywords in URLs apply to the following content types:
- File uploads
Content that anonymous users can see has keywords in URLs. All other content does not contain keywords in the URLs until it is published to a public location.
Content that cannot contain keywords in the URL includes:
- Content published only to specific users
- Content created in private, unlisted, or secret groups
- Hidden content (published only to yourself)
- Spaces or subspaces with limited access
Tips for Keywords in URLs
Adding Keywords to Existing Content
You can add keywords to the URL of an existing content item that meets the criteria by editing the content item and then saving it. After saving it, you see the keywords in the URLs.
Editing the Title
The original keywords are always used in the title no matter how many times you edit the title. To change the original title and keywords in the URL, you would need to delete the piece of content and create a new one.
When a content item is updated after the feature has been enabled, and its URL changes to include keywords, links to the preceding URL continue to work.
All words incorporated into the URL are lowercase.
- Delimiter: A hyphen '-' is used to separate words, special characters, and numbers
- Delimiter Exception: If a hyphen already exists in a keyword, such as in 'non-existing', the existing hyphen is retained, and no additional hyphen is added
To enable keywords in URLs:
- Navigate to Admin Console > System > Settings > New Features.
- Under Keywords in Content URLs, select Enabled.
- Click Save Settings, to apply the changes.