An Ask a Question tile provides a field where users can type their question.
This article provides the procedure for creating an Ask a Question tile.
When you add the Ask a Question tile to a place, you can specify the default content type you want them to search or specify the default location for the users to create their questions if they find no results.
As they type, search results are shown in the tile, and if no answers are found, they can create a new question from the tile.
To add and configure an Ask a Question tile:
- Navigate to a place.
- Open the page where you want to add a tile for editing by clicking the .
- In either a wide or narrow column, click Add a tile.
- Select .
- Optionally, change the title, default text in the search field, and the Submit button text.
- Specify the place where Jive should search for the question, or select All places.
You could limit their search to the place where the tile lives, or open it up to a community search.
- In the Number of type-ahead search results, enter a number from 1 to 25 that represents how many type-ahead results you want users to see.
The user can click See all results to open the filtered search page.
- If you want to restrict the results to specific content types, select them.
For example, this is useful if you only want to show questions or discussion related to the search.
- Under the Post Questions to, select the place where the user's question should be posted, or select Let the user choose the place.
You might want to guide the user to use a specific place, but they can always change this if they need to.
- Click Save Properties to the tile settings.
- Click Save to save the page settings.