The External Storage Framework allows you to create connections to any file storage provider. Users can then bi-directionally synchronize updates to a place in Jive and a location on the storage provider.
This article provides information regarding managing storage provider add-ons.
- Use storage provider of choice as the back-end binary storage for documents and attachments in some or all the places.
- Connect places to folders, sites, or other storage locations on your storage provider.
- Synchronize permissions between Jive and your storage provider.
- Synchronize file versions and updates between Jive and your storage provider.
- Synchronize comments on files between Jive and the storage provider (if comments are available in your storage provider).
- Limit the integration's availability to specific users and permission groups.
- Decide whether the external storage provider should be the default location for storing files within a Jive place.
If you want to integrate a file storage solution with Jive, it is easy to use the External Storage Framework and Jive's APIs to develop a connection. Information about what you need to create a storage provider is available at developers documentation and in the Jive Community Developers space.