This article describes the process of joining groups in Jive.
There are several types of groups. Depending on how your community is set up, your group options may differ. You can browse most of the groups in your community from the Places page and find groups of interest. Groups anyone can fully participate in are called public groups.
To find and join groups to participate in:
- In the main navigation menu, go to your avatar > Your Places.
- Select All in the left pane to view all the places which you can see in your community.
- Select Groups at the top of the page to see only the groups in your community.
- Select a group type under the list of all group types to view only groups of a particular type. The options for group types are explained in the table shown later in this article.
- Use the filtering options to find groups that interest you. For example, type "accounting" in the Filter by text area to find all accounting-related groups.
- Click the group title to open and look at the group.
- To join a group that requires membership:
- Navigate to the group's landing page.
- Navigate to Actions > Join group.
- To join a private group, Ask to join this group and wait for the group administrators to approve or reject your request.
Types of Groups
|Public||You can click through and participate, or follow the group to see updates from the group in the streams. (Public groups do not have members.)|
|Public Restricted||You can click through and participate. You can reply or comment and create some kinds of content without joining the group, but for full authorship rights, you need to be approved for membership by a member of the group.|
|Private||You can see that the group exists. But you need to request membership if you want to see what is in a private group. The group owner must approve your membership.|
|Private Unlisted||You must be invited to this group in order to see it.|
Restriction: You will not see any Private Unlisted groups here unless you are invited to the group.
For more information, see Types of groups.
You will be able to find and join groups of your choice.