After upgrading an On-Premise instance to the 9.0.6 version, the following issue might be observed:
When trying to get to the cache settings page within Admin > Console > Settings > Cache, a page with Temporarily Unavailable error comes up every time.
The rest of the settings pages work correctly like Doc Conversion, EAE (Enterprise Activity Engine) and Search.
This article provides the available solution and best practices to fix the aforementioned error.
Jive Interactive Intranet-Jive Core On-Premise-9x
Root Cause Analysis
- In the HAR file, we can find a 502 Bad Gateway error response from the web application service:
- In the logs, the connection to the cache server is refused from the web app:
Connection refused to host:...
- In this case, the port 8081, which together with the ports 6666 and 6667 is used in the internal configuration for the cache server, was previously changed for the port 8082.
- Testing the connection from the web application server to the cache server in that port results in connection time outs:
root@hostname:~# nc -zv hostip 8082
Ncat: Version 7.50 ( https://nmap.org/ncat )
Ncat: Connection timed out.
- One of the solutions is to review if there is a firewall between both servers and if the hosts also have the internal firewall turned on.
- It is advisable to not to have a firewall between the web app and the cache server.
However, if the host's internal firewall is on, it is required to check if that port is open on both sides since it might have been closed during the upgrade process.