This article provides instructions on how to install and set up the Jive Anywhere web browser extension. If you are a system administrator who is looking for instructions on how to install and enable Jive Anywhere for your Jive community, please refer to Configuring Jive Anywhere For System Administrators.
- An actively supported version of Jive.
- A compatible Extended APIs plugin installed (not required for Jive Cloud instances).
- Navigate to your Jive community and login with your credentials.
- Click on your user avatar on the top right corner of the page and select Tools.
- Scroll down to the Jive Anywhere section and click on the download option for your browser. The page automatically detects your web browser and picks the correct version. Google Chrome will be used as the web browser for this example.
- Add the extension to your browser by clicking Add to Chrome.
- On the extension configuration page presented t you, enter your Jive instance URL and click on the Connect button.
- Login to your Jive community when prompted.
- On the extension configuration page, you will see that you are now connected to your Jive instance along with the active user under the Connected as section (highlighted below). You can connect to additional Jive instances as well by repeating step 5 from above.
You will see the Jive Anywhere on the right side of your web browser as below.