In Impact Metrics, the number of viewers shown in the left-side column is more than the number of viewers listed in the bottom panel.
Environment: Jive Cloud Instances and AWS
<supportagent>Agents only : To reproduce,
1. Log on to the customer's instance and view the document.
2. Navigate to the Impact Metrics on the right side of the page.
3. Click on View more.
4 The number of views shown in the table does not match with the total number of users shown under the VIEWERS section. </supportagent>
The "missing viewers" are those unregistered users who viewed the document. Jive also counts the unregistered users who viewed the document but it will not display the details of these unregistered users.
To resolve, take the following steps:
- Validate that the "missing views" are from unregistered users.
Here are some sample queries that you may use as a basis:
Note: These are sample queries and the values may vary for different instances. Modify the values according to the database that you are working on.
Sort the activity (viewing only,
activity_type=10) in accordance with the
user_idfor the specific document.
SELECT activity_ts, day_id, user_id, activity_type FROM jivedw_activity_fact
WHERE activity_type = 10 AND direct_dw_object_id =(SELECT dw_object_id FROM jivedw_object
WHERE object_type = 102 AND object_id = 15840) GROUP BY activity_ts, day_id, user_id, activity_type ORDER BY user_id;
- Check the properties of the users that viewed the content.
SELECT userid,username,firstname,lastname,userenabled FROM jiveuser WHERE userid IN ('userid1','userid2',.....);
- If the users that are missing from the display are not active/enabled at the moment, note that unregistered users will not be displayed under the VIEWERS section but will still be counted as viewers.
- You can have these users enabled or activate their account to make sure their activities reflect appropriately in the reports.