System properties allow a significant number of fine-grained configuration options that are not available through the user interface. This article guides you through the process of adding a system property as well as making changes to the values of the existing system properties.
Only On-Premise customers can add system properties by themselves.
Hosted and Cloud customers need to have this operation performed by a Support Agent, by opening a ticket into the Jive Support Portal.
Adding System Property
- Navigate to the Jive Admin Console.
From the homepage, click on your avatar on the top right corner of the page.
Click on Admin Console
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click Advanced Settings button found on the left side.
- Now that you are on the Admin page, go to System > Management > System Properties.
- Enter the Property Name and the value in the Add new property section.
- Click Save Property.
- A message saying Property saved successfully is displayed to confirm that the changes have been saved and added successfully.
Editing a System Property
- From the same System Properties page, locate the system property that you need to edit and click on it.
- Enter the new value and click Save Property.
- A message saying Property saved successfully is displayed to confirm that the changes have been saved successfully.