This article answers why the tiles of Answered Questions and Unanswered Questions show links from Sub-Spaces and shares the process for showing answers only from the main space, excluding the sub-spaces.
Hosted, On-Premise and Cloud
Why do the question tiles show links from sub-spaces?
The feature is working as designed. The 'Top-Level Main Space' is supposed to collaborate Answered Questions and Unanswered Questions with the Main Space for better employee integration and collaboration to find answers to common queries.
But if users do not want to collaborate with the sub-spaces, they can use the Super List tiles instead. Customers can use these tiles to see Answered Questions only from the main space, excluding the sub-spaces.
Super Lists are highly customizable, can be renamed and used by customers depending on the filters applied in the content menu of the space.
Follow these steps to make a Superlist for showing only the Answered Questions form the Main Space, without answers from the subspaces:
- Open the “Main-Space” in two different browser tabs as seen below.
- In the first tab go-to the option Add a Tile > List Dynamic > Super List.
- Named it as 'answered questions', or another suitable name.
- Go to the second tab, click on Content > Filter > Answered Questions. It lists the answered questions.
- Copy the link from the address bar.
- Go to the first tab where the super list was being created.
- Paste the link in the empty box, and we will get the desired answered content from the Main-Space only.
- Perform the same steps for Unanswered Questions with logical modifications to the filters. Super Lists can be named as desired to replace Answered and Unanswered dynamic lists.
Customers see a Super List tile showing as configured.