When trying to delete a Space through the Admin Console, the delete task fails with the following error message:
"An error occurred during community deletion. Please check the logs for more information."
The logs contain the following error message:
2018-03-28 22:59:53,346 [TaskEngineWorker-pool-3] [::] ERROR com.jivesoftware.community.CommunityDeleteHelper - An error occurred while deleting community 2727
java.lang.Exception: There was a problem deleting communities as user 2000
Caused by: org.springframework.transaction.TransactionSystemException: Could not roll back JDBC transaction; nested exception is java.sql.SQLException: Couldn't perform the operation rollback: You can't perform any operations on this connection. It has been automatically closed by Proxool for some reason (see logs).
Jive Cloud 2016.3.9.0
- Log in the Jive Admin Console (as an Administrator).
- Go the Spaces tab and select the space that you want to delete.
- Click on the Delete button and wait for the operation to end. If the issues exist, the Space is not deleted and the above-mentioned error is displayed.
The error indicates a connection issue. As the delete space operation is database intensive, the server may not have sufficient resources to execute the task and therefore closes the connection.
Consider implementing one or both of the following options to avoid this issue:
- Delete the Spaces during non-business hours.
- Increase the database server resources.