You recently updated the Theme for your Jive Instances and noticed that certain Tiles (ex. Popular Content Tile or Action Items Tile) disappear when you Edit the Activity Page, preventing you from editing or removing Tiles from the page.
Adding new tiles of the affected type results in no preview appearing, but saving the page or switching to the default Jive theme resolves the issue.
This issue can occur when your Custom Theme is altering the display properties of your Tiles. To isolate the exact cause of this behavior, you can inspect the elements using your Browser's Element Inspector using the steps below.
Note: The steps below were captured within Google Chrome, but most browsers have similar functionality. Please review your chosen Browser's documentation as needed.
Assisting with the customization or fine-tuning of Custom Themes is outside of the Jive Support Team Scope of Work. The details below are provided as a courtesy to assist you with identifying the source file responsible for the behavior. If you encounter any issues actioning the steps below, you can instead contact the Theme Developer to assist with identifying and making the necessary adjustments.
- Open the affected page within your Jive Environment.
- Select "Edit Activity Page" from the Actions Cogwheel menu.
- Take note of the Display Name of the Affected Tile. (ex. "Featured Content")
- Right-click the "Add a Tile" area where the Tile should exist, and choose Inspect.
- Search for the following string
"title":"Featured Contentas shown below) to identify the hidden Tile:
- Select the Highlighted Element and review the section below for the "display: none" property.
- Once identified, select the CSS file where this display property originated.
- With the responsible CSS file identified, please get in touch with the Theme Developer directly to address the identified defect.