Some users are not able to change email digest frequency from their preferences - the setting for this is greyed out.
- You have recently disabled Jive Digest Emails for all users in your instance.
- The preferences might still say "Daily Summary", "Weekly Summary", "Twice Weekly Summary" or "All Activity", but the options are greyed out and cannot be changed.
This is functioning as designed.
- After you disable digests:
- Users, including administrators, will no longer get the option to select “Daily Summary”, “Weekly Summary”, “Twice a Week” etc. for notifications from Inbox or News Streams.
- The option “News Digest - Top & Trending community news” is no longer available at all.
The below image shows available user preferences before digests are disabled:
There is a “News Digest” option where users can select daily/weekly summaries. Similarly, the daily/weekly summary option is available for other types of email notifications.
The below image shows available user preferences (for the same user as above) after digests are disabled:
Now, the same user cannot see the “news digest” option. All other notification options are automatically changed to “All Activity”, and clicking the dropdowns gives no other options.