You have written a lengthy blog post. To make navigation easier, you have included a Table of Contents (ToC) in the post.
- Subscribers get an email with the full blog post.
- The ToC is included in the email
- When users click a link in the ToC, they are taken to the start/home page of the Jive Community, rather than to the expected place in the body of the post.
- In Gmail, clicking the ToC Link does nothing.
- You can view the blog post in a browser and click the link - and it takes you to the correct location in the blog post. This does not happen when clicking the link in an Email.
ToC Links are implemented as Anchor Links (starting with #) in HTML. This is functioning as designed. The links in blog posts are meant to be anchors that point locally to the corresponding section in the content, designed to work from the Blog Post itself.
- They take readers to a different part of the same page. Such anchor links usually do not work in Email clients.
- We have recorded an enhancement request, asking to make the ToC links in emails full links taking users to the content in Jive (Reference: JIVESPECS-1203). This will be considered in a future product release.
As a workaround, the "View the full blog post" link present in the email can be used, and then use the ToC links from within the Blog Post.