The Profanity filter automatically detects words in your profanity list and replaces them with ***. This article provides information regarding the Profanity filter and provides the procedure for setting it up.
The Profanity filter is the most commonly used filter; Jive recommends that you consider using it. This filter automatically replaces inappropriate language in your community. You set up the filter by adding the words you want to be filtered out and then turning the filter on. For more information on filters in general, see Configuring Filters and Macros.
Creating Profanity List
If you have more than a few entries, enter the longer or broader phrases before the smaller and more specific ones because they are evaluated in the order you enter them.
For example, if your list includes both
big blue whale and
whale, keep in mind that the entries are evaluated in the order you enter them. So if you have got
big blue whale, then the content that includes
I've seen a big blue whale is filtered to
I've seen a big blue ***, and the longer expression will not be evaluated because it is triggered after the first one.
To set up the Profanity filter:
- Navigate to Admin Console > Spaces > Settings > Filters and Macros.
- Scroll to the Profanity filter and click Settings next to it.
- In the Custom word list, enter the list of words you want to be filtered out of your content.
Words and phrases must be separated by commas.
- Select checkboxes for the parts of the content you want to be filtered.
- Click Save Properties to save the changes.
The Filters and Macros page is opened with the message detailing the result at the top.
- If necessary, click On next to the filter name to enable the filter.
- After you enable the filter, an immediate rolling restart is needed. If you are a Hosted customer, you can follow the article how Rolling Restart Procedure How to Restart your Jive Hosted Instance using Jive Cloud Admin (JCA). If you are on a Cloud instance, you can contact us.