Like many web sites and applications, Jive provides the ability for users to subscribe to a content digest by using a feed. To learn how to configure such feeds in your Jive instance, read the following sections.
By subscribing to a feed and using a feed reader (also known as a feed aggregator or newsreader), users can discover what has changed in the application without having to visit the application. Feeds provide data about content in a format that a feed reader can use.
From the Admin Console, you can turn feeds on or off and specify which format should be available. You can also choose whether users (via their feed readers) should be required to send a username and password with feed requests.
Please note that the feeds are enabled by default.
If you have SSO enabled in your community, feeds are not supported because feed reader cannot follow HTTP redirects for authentication.
To configure ratings and liking:
- Navigate to Admin Console > System > Settings > Feeds.
- To enable the feeds, set Enable feeds to Enabled.
- In Author Format, select how the author information must be sent in RSS 1.0 and RSS 2.0 feeds: in a
- In Basic Authentication, select if basic authentication is required or not.
If you have an internal community (for example, communities that typically involve only employees or other internal audiences), basic authentication is required by default.
- In Default Format, select the feed format.
- In Number of Items, enter the number of items to be displayed in a feed.
- In Show, select if the summary of the full text of the item must be sent.
- Click Save Settings, to apply the changes.