Enabling and configuring avatars lets users select avatars from the gallery and upload new avatars themselves. This article provides the procedure for configuring avatar settings.
With avatars enabled, users see a Change photo & avatar link in the Actions list of their profile page. Depending on how you've set up the feature, users are able to select from the set of avatar images or upload their own. For more information, see Managing Avatars.
To configure the avatar settings:
- Navigate to Admin Console > People > Settings > Avatar Settings.
- To enable avatars, select Enable Avatars for all Registered Users next to Permissions.
- To let the system resize the avatars to fit into the limits, select the Auto Resize Uploaded Avatars checkbox.
- Specify the avatar limits in pixels in Maximum Image Width and Maximum Image Height.
The default setting is 400x400 px.
- To enable users to upload their avatars, do the following:
- Select Enabled next to User Uploaded Avatars.
- Specify the Maximum number of uploaded avatars per user in the box.
- If the user avatars must pass moderation, select the Moderate uploaded user avatars checkbox.
- Click Save Settings, to apply the changes.