You can configure the application so that new users can create their own accounts and invite others to join the community.
This article provides the procedure for configuring self-service user registration.
A community manager or system administrator enables both user registration and moderation for new registration requests.
If you allow user self-registration in the community, you can control who can register and who are prohibited from registering.
People using the community must set their browsers to enable cookies. The application doesn't encode session IDs in URLs. Also, you can configure the application to display a Terms and Conditions page when new users register.
To enable and configure user self-registration:
- Navigate to Admin Console > People > Settings > Registration Settings.
- Under User-Created Accounts, select the Allow users to create their own account, and then specify the additional parameters.
- Under New Account Settings, in the Welcome Email, select Enabled to send welcome emails to newly registered users.
- In the Username Blacklist, select Enabled to prohibit the use of specific words in user names, and then enter the words in the text box.
For example, you can add the words "admin" and "administrator" to prevent deceit.
- In the Fields displayed at registration section, specify the list of required and optional fields for users to fill in when they are registering.
- Click Save Settings, to apply the changes.