You can enable moderation for new user registrations if you have set up the application to allow people to register on their own.
This article provides the procedure for setting up user registration moderation.
A community manager or system administrator enables both user registration and moderation for new registration requests.
With the moderation enabled, you should make sure that you have designated global moderators. The application sends new user registration moderation requests to those users first. If you don't have one, the application sends the request to the Full Access users.
To set up new user registration moderation:
- Navigate to Admin Console > People > Settings > Registration Settings.
- Select Allow users to create their own account to allow users to create their own account from the login page.
For more information, see Configuring Self-Service User Registration.
- Under Security > Registration Moderation, select Enabled to turn on the moderation feature for all new user registrations.
- To limit registration moderation to the email address from the blacklisted domains, select Only for addresses matching the blacklisted domain list.
The Blacklisted Domains section contains the list of untrustworthy domains. To block or moderate all addresses from a domain, use an asterisk before the domain, for example,
- To entirely block registrations from the blacklisted domains, select Always block registrations from blacklisted domains under Blacklisted Domains.
- Click Save Settings to apply the changes.