You can enable documents to be indexed and searched in a language-specific manner. Content synonyms are language-specific when you enable multiple language search. For more on synonyms, please see Configuring Search Synonyms for Content Items.
This article provides the procedure for enabling search in multiple languages.
To enable search in multiple languages:
- Navigate to Admin Console > System > Settings > Locale.
- Enable Multi-language Search.
- Enter the allowed search languages in the provided field.
- Click Save.
- Navigate to Spaces > Settings > Space Settings > Locale and set the locale for any space whose content should be indexed in a language other than the system default language or its parent space's language.
- Rebuild the search index. For more information, see Reindexing Content Search.
Before you rebuild the content search index, consider performance and the needs of your site users. It is recommended that you do not reindex search manually during peak usage hours or a site-wide campaign, etc.