This article provides the procedure for creating user overrides for 'Global Blogs' in Jive, to allow specific permissions to individual users, or restrict them from such access.
You can create an override for an individual user of a global blog, to grant a particular set of permissions. An override can be used if:
- A user requires a specific set of permissions for a place but is not (or should not be) a member of a user group to which you have already assigned access.
- A user is a member of a user group to which you have assigned permissions for a place but requires a different level of access. For example, you might want to separately define the user permissions to enhance or limit their access to the place.
To create a user override for a global blog:
- Navigate to Admin Console > Permissions > Blog Permissions.
- Under User Overrides, click Create a user override.
- In the search box, start typing the name of the user for whom you want to set the override, and click it when you see it show up.
- Click Set Override to view the permissions you can assign.
- In the available permissions dialog box, select desired checkboxes to assign the required level of access to the user.
- Click Set Permissions to save the override you have created.
The desired user gets the configured special permissions.