RSS news feed tiles on your Jive hosted instance are unable to parse feed at URLs and show the following error:
Failed to parse feed at URL.
Follow these steps to reproduce the issue and check if it exists in your environment:
- Create a piece of content (document) in a place with a vertical tab character (Unicode:
0xB) in the title. You can produce this character by:
ALT + 011in a text editor such as Notepad++.
- Copy and paste it into the content title.
- Save the document.
- Go to the created content (document) in the place.
- Click on Get a feed of this content link at the bottom of the page.
- Current Behavior: XML builder does not omit this character and fails to create the XML file returning an error.
- Expected Result: This character is not supported by the W3C XML standard and is omitted by XML builder generating a valid RSS news feed XML.
This is a known defect that occurs when special characters are used in document titles for places. The XML builder does not omit these characters and fails, returning errors.