If you are testing or this is a new instance and you find that there is no Tools option in your personal drop-down, follow these instructions to get it fixed.
To confirm that there is no Tools options or that you cannot use plugins.
- Log in to the Jive Admin Console and navigate to System > Settings.
- Here, look for Extended API.
- There will be a message stating it could not be found, or similar.
- Download the corresponding Extended APIs Plugin compatible with the Jive version that you're working with.
- Install the
.jarfile by following the Installing the Extended APIs Plugin instructions.
- Restart the instance.
- Once restarted, search for the Extended API again. It will now be found.
- Also, check for Tools in your personal drop down on the site. You will now be able to go to Tools and install:
- Jive for Gmail.
- Jive for Outlook.
- Jive Anywhere.