From your Jive Place, you can create Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides that will be saved in Google Drive, and depending on the Place configuration, both comments and documents may be synchronized too.
This article provides the steps to create Google Docs.
To create a Google Doc, follow these steps:
- Sign in to your community and navigate to the Jive Place where you want to create the Google Doc.
You must join the Jive Place so you can have write and read permissions in the linked Google group.
- Click Actions > Create a Google Document.
If you don't see the Google Document option in the Actions Menu, the Group Owner should make sure Google Drive is selected as your external storage provider in Manage > Settings or check with your Community Manager to see if the Google Docs integration has been properly implemented for the Place and the User.
- Enter a name for your file in the Create a Google Document dialog box, and then click OK.
- Add content to the Document.
- Click Done.
- Watch the Place Activity stream to see when the new document becomes available in Jive.
- Click View in Jive to open the file in Jive.