<jive URL>/view-mobile-home.jspa is a mobile-friendly version that is loaded when the widgetized Home Page is enabled and the page is viewed from a mobile device. This page can be looked at any time by typing the URL directly in any browser. Some customers may not want this and may request to remove or disable the legacy page. This article provides the steps to create a redirection rule for it.
- Jive Interactive
- Jive Intranet-Core
- Jive Platform
- Jive Cloud
By creating a new redirection rule in the site's Admin Console, the access can be pointed from the legacy to the new one homepage, as follows:
- Access the Jive Admin Console, and navigate to System > Settings > Redirection Rules.
- Note the form for adding a new custom redirection rule at the top of the page.
- Type the legacy mobile home page URL in the "Input URL (to match on)" field. This would be:
- Type the current home page URL in the Output URL (URL to redirect to) field. This would be the site's current URL.
- Choose "301 redirect" in the "Redirection type" field. This type means this is a permanent redirection.
- Click the "Save" button.
- The page will be refreshed, and the custom rule will show up in it. The rule is now set up. No instance restart is required.
After setting the redirection, try to open the legacy mobile home page. You will see that it will immediately be redirected to the new page. The old page will not load any of its components. This will effectively make the legacy page not available.