When two users are created (for instance UserA and UserB) where one of them is Connected to Jive through Office Excel and a new file is shared with the group, none of the two users show under "Online Collaborators" as Viewers. This article provides detail of the current status of this known issue.
- Jive AWS Cloud, up to 3004.1.4.1 and possibly later versions.
The fix ID for this issue is JCLDALL-6265 (JVCLD-37424).
Steps to reproduce
- Install Jive for Office in the location user machine.
- Create two normal users (UserA, UserB).
- Connect to Jive in Office Excel with UserA.
- Create a new File and publish it in a group.
- Login to Jive instance with UserB. (Need Remote machine or other machines).
- Search for file content (Created in Step 2, precondition).
- Open file content and download the file.
- Open file in Excel.
- Both users will not show under "Online Collaborators" as Viewers.
Engineering work is nearly complete for the reported defect, but at the moment no workaround is available.