The user does not want to display the original author information and wants to mention themselves as the author while publishing a discussion from the email thread using Jive for Outlook.
This KB article will guide you through the process of publishing a discussion with the user name as the author.
- Jive looks at the journey of an email by reading the Message Header and only after understanding the pattern of communication, it posts a discussion or question.
- Jive for Outlook has been designed this way. All the content posted in Jive needs to get attributed to a specific person and no anonymous postings are allowed.
If the user insists on bypassing the information of the original author of the email then, in that case, follow the steps given below:
- The user has to redraft the email.
- Send it to the concern participants.
- Pick the email up from Outlook sent items.
- Post it to the Jive portal using the plugin.
Note: For more information, refer to the reading material shared below: