- Sometimes a change is desired in the Directory Server User Mapping for the username attribute, where the customer would like to set the username to something like the user's email address rather than for example their samAccountName.
- The usernames appear in the URL when you go to a user's profile.
- After changing the mapping, the customer ran into a problem where the username reverts back if Single Sign-On (SSO) is also enabled and not in sync with the change.
- Jive Interactive Intranet
- Jive Core
The user name is changing due to SSO settings. In case where there's a need to change the LDAP username mapping in Jive, SSO should be checked. The possible solutions are mentioned below:
- Keep username identity checked in the SAML general settings.
- Set a username override in the SSO user mappings to the mail field.
- Follow the steps given below:
- As an update, navigate to Single Sign-On > SAML > User Attribute Mapping menu.
- Clear the following checkmarks in Override with Assertion attributes:
- External identifier
- Also in the Single Sign-On > SAML > General tab, unchecked the following:
- Username Identity
- Sync user profile on login
- Restart the web app node.