Using a custom user property as the User Identifier prevents Gamification from working as expected and produces the following error in the sbs.log file:
[TaskEngineWorker-pool-1] [::] ERROR
com.jivesoftware.ps.nitro.user.UserIdentifierSourceImpl - Could not find user property: [User Property] for user: [User Name]
Note: This does not affect customers who use Jive's UserID as the User Identifier.
- Create a community with Bunchball/Gamification enabled.
- Use SAML Authentication.
- Create a custom user property.
- Navigate to Admin Console > Gamification > Management > User Settings.
- In the User Identifier field, select User Property.
- Parse the user property to use as the User Identifier. If the issue exists, Bunchball/Gamification will not work as expected and the error mentioned above is written to the log.
Gamification does not allow a custom user property to be used as the User Identifier. The fix id assigned to the issue is JVHOP-2924.
This is fixed in Jive 9.0.5. The customer should upgrade to this version to fix the issue.
Note: As a workaround, you can use Jive's userID as the User Identifier.