When you try to delete a Social Group by going to Settings in your Jive on-premise instance, you see the following error and the deletion process fails:
An unexpected error has occurred.
Additionally, the Log Viewer page in the Admin Console shows the following error (assuming Oracle database is being used in the instance):
ERROR com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.ExceptionMappingInterceptor - Could not commit JDBC transaction; nested exception is java.sql.SQLTransactionRollbackException: ORA-02091: transaction rolled back\ ORA-02292: integrity constraint (LOOP_MAIN.JIVEDI_IID_FK) violated - child record found
This article assumes that you are using the Oracle database with Jive on-premise deployment. If you are using a different database system, please consult with your database administrator to modify the database queries accordingly.
This error occurs because:
- There is a draft image left in the database which is linked to an image file that is present in the Social Group that you are trying to delete.
- This reference is not allowing the database flow or delete the transaction, as the draft needs to be removed first before the image itself is removed; which in turn should allow for the container, e.g., the Social Group to be deleted.
Follow the steps below to find and remove the draft image reference to resolve this issue:
- Find the
containeridfor the Social Group that you are trying to delete. This can be obtained from your browser's address bar when you access the Settings page for the Social Group (1485 in the example below).
- Backup the
JiveDraftImagetable as per your organization's database backup policy.
- Run the following query after replacing the
containeridwith the value obtained in step 1 above to find the list of draft image references.
SELECT * FROM jivedraftimage WHERE imageid IN (SELECT imageid FROM jiveimage
WHERE objectid IN (SELECT internaldocid FROM jivedocument WHERE containertype=700
- Run the following query to remove the draft image(s) for each row after replacing the
imageidwith the results obtained from the previous step. If there are multiple draft image references, you will need to remove all of them.
DELETE FROM jivedraftimage WHERE imageid = <imageid>;
- Save the changes in the database (accomplished by the COMMIT statement for the Oracle database systems).
After removing all the draft image references, you should be able to delete the Social Group as expected.