You are getting BCFIPS and other Java security-related exceptions when starting an instance using mvn after a Jive instance upgrade. Here are some possible symptoms
- Possible errors seen in the logs
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'groupLinksV2': Cannot resolve reference to bean 'containerLinksV2' while setting bean property 'sourceList' with key ; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'containerLinksV2': Cannot resolve reference to bean 'altLinkConverterV2' while setting bean property 'sourceList' with key ;....
[com/jivesoftware/community/aaa/sso/saml/spring-samlContext.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is java.security.KeyStoreException: JCEKS not found
- Attempt to start the instance with mvn
c:\java\maven\3.2.1\bin\mvn -Djavax.net.ssl.trustStoreType=bcfks -Djavax.net.ssl.trustStoreProvider=BCFIPS -Djavax.net.ssl.keyStoreProvider=BCFIPS -Djavax.net.ssl.trustStorePassword=changeit -Djavax.net.ssl.trustStore=C:/dev/coretto_jdk1.8.0_242/jre/lib/security/cacerts -Djavax.net.ssl.keyStore=C:/dev/coretto_jdk1.8.0_242/jre/lib/security/cacerts -Djavax.net.ssl.keyStorePassword=changeit -Djive.devMode=true -DskipTests=true -P dev,int,jive.archiva deploy -s ..\settings.xml
- Ensure the correct version of Amazon Corretto JDK is installed.
- After the installation please check that the "JAVA_HOME" environment path is correctly set. For windows the JAVA_HOME environment will be selected by the windows installer. If not, you will need to explicitly do it. Assuming that the JDK was installed at "C:\Program Files\Amazon Coretto\jdk1.8.0_242" then that will be the path to your "JAVA_HOME" environment variable. Please note that this path should not be the "bin" or "lib" folder but the root folder of the JDK.
- Ensure that the Jive Local Environment Setup is correct.
- Ensure that the pom.xml file is referencing the correct Jive version.
- E.g. if you upgraded to Jive 9.5.0 from Jive 9.0.5, the Pom.xml previously had an entry “<version>188.8.131.52-0-SNAPSHOT</version>”.
- This should be updated to <version>184.108.40.206-0-SNAPSHOT</version>
Ticket 2541208 where this issue was discussed in detail.