This article describes the necessary steps to to check and reconfigure the Daily Hosted App.
This is useful when the App is not working as expected, but the same steps can be followed when installing it for the first time or when you need to upgrade it.
Step 1: Installing (or reinstalling) and configuring the add-on package
- When logged in as an admin, open the add-on panel
- Uninstall the old Daily add-on if already installed:
- Click "upload package":
- Choose the add-on zip file attached to this article and press "install now":
- Press "configure now":
- Press "Set up Jive Daily":
- Press "advanced settings":
- Check the first checkbox. Press "save settings". Press "Save and activate":
Step 2: Configuring the API Services
- With Administrative credentials, navigate to Admin console > System > Settings > Web Services and make sure that the API service is enabled. Depending on your Jive version, you may see slightly different names, "Core API Services" or "Bridges Web Services", as in the following screenshot:
- Navigate to Admin console > Mobile and make sure that "Allow access from standard Jive Daily Hosted App published by Jive" is enabled:
Step 3: Installing the App on your mobile
Install the latest Jive Daily hosted app on your mobile phone (iPhone users can download the application from Apple Store, and Android users can download the application from Google Play). Make sure that you are using the Jive daily Hosted App (the following screenshot is from Google Play):
Once you open the App, you are prompted to insert the URL of your Jive community:
and you will be requested your user and password.