When creating a group, you can select to configure a community group such that standard users can invite external contributors to extend their communication and collaboration to the outside world.
This article provides the procedure for creating externally accessible groups.
To create a group with external access:
- On the Home Page, click Pencil Icon () and select Group.
- On the Create Group page, enter the group name and details.
- Select Private or Private > Unlisted for the group type.
External groups are limited to private and private unlisted groups to help protect community information.
- Select Externally Accessible to allow external contributors to be invited to and join the group. Externally Accessible groups must be private or private unlisted. You may not see this option if it is not enabled for your community.
- Click Advanced for more options, and configure as required.
- Once done configuring, click Create Group.
- In the Invite People to Join dialog box, add a few users who you want to invite to the group, and click Send Invitation.
- To manage group features and select the storage provider, select Gear Icon and select Configure Activity page.
- Click the Gear Icon in the Enabled Features and Content Types tile.
- Select or clear features for the group.
People will be able to create content items of the types you select.
- If available, you can select a storage provider for storing your uploaded files.
- Click Apply.
- Click Save.
The group is created and the user you invited can start using the group.