You can manage the categories of tiles that are available when creating places. You can also create new categories for displaying new tiles.
This article provides the procedure for managing tile categories.
You may find that you do not want to make the full range of tiles available to users who create places. Or, you may have created some tiles of your own that you would like to organize in categories when they are displayed in the User Interface. You can use the Admin Console to create new categories for tiles and to hide the ones that you do not want users to see.
Please note that:
- Hiding a category does not affect places that have already been created. Places that are already using tiles in a category you have hidden, will still use them. The categories will just not be selectable to users who are creating or modifying a place.
For example, hiding the Places tile category will hide all the tiles from that category, and users will not see Places tiles as an option when adding tiles. However, they will still see the Key Places and Content tile because it is also part of the Content category. You might find the Place tile reference helpful when managing tiles categories.
- You will not be able to delete the built-in Jive categories, but you can still hide them if you do not want to use them.
To manage tile categories, navigate to Admin Console > Add-ons > Tile Categories, where:
- To create a new category:
- Click Add a category.
- Type the intended name in the provided field.
- Click Save.
- To hide a category from users who are creating new places, including all the tiles it includes (unless they are also in another category), click Hide Category next to the category name.
- To delete a category from the list (and make it invisible to users who are creating and editing places), click Delete Category next to the category name.
When the categories are the way required, click Save to apply your changes.