This article provides the procedure for creating User Accounts in Jive.
One of the ways to add new users to the community is to create their account in the Admin Console.
To create a user account:
- Navigate to Admin Console > People > Management > Create User.
- In First Name and Last Name, enter the name of the person for whom you are creating the account.
- In Email, enter the email address of the person.
- In User Type, specify if this person is a regular user or an external contributor.
- In Password and Confirm Password, enter the password to the account.
The user will be able to change the password after logging in if the community settings allow that.
- Select the Send Welcome Email checkbox to send the new user a welcome email.
- Click Create User.
The user account is created, and the User Summary page opens for editing with the account properties. Generally, you should edit properties for the user account while you are creating it since a newly created account does not have permission to do anything.