This article shares the process of configuring Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) termination on your load balancer. This is required to secure a Jive installation. Additionally, running a Jive site behind a load balancer enables you to use the Jive web-application nodes on a separate, non-public network.
Jive community manager admin access
Follow these general guidelines (with the help of your IT team) to configure SSL termination on your load balancer:
- Configure your load balancer pool to use the SSL certificates acquired for the Jive sites.
- Create a DNS record for each domain that resolves to the load balancer pool's IP address.
- Add all web-application node addresses and ports for each site to the balancer pool. For example, add:
- On each web-application node, set the required proxy-related properties, and restart. For example:
jive set webapp.http_proxy_name community.mycompany.com
jive set webapp.http_proxy_port 443
jive set webapp.http_proxy_scheme https
- Make sure that the
jiveURLproperty in Jive's core database is set to the address of the load balancer by going to
System > Management > System Properties.
- Double-check the settings of the
Note: An incorrect parameter value can prevent your Jive site from working correctly after restarting.
- Restart Jive on all web-application nodes.
To properly test and implement the SSL, you need certificates for:
apps.community-uat.yourdomain.com(UAT: User Acceptance Testing)