This article provides information on Google Drive's integration with Jive and the user permissions needed to configure Jive and Google Drive sync.
This article applies to all versions of Jive - Cloud/AWS/Hosted Version.
It should be noted that it is not possible for normal users to use their Google Drive storage to be linked to their Jive groups. Jive and G-drive sync is done through the admin account and not through a normal user account.
- First, there should be an admin account for the Google Drive (this can be created in the Admin Console).
- The same admin account should be assigned to the Jive integration user and should have the same administrative permissions.
- Multiple admin accounts can also be created on the Google Drive side and these accounts should have the same administrative permissions on the Jive side.
- Once that is done, go to the Jive main page > Avatar > Add-On. In this section, you can install the Google Drive Add-On and configure it using the admin account.
- Now create two user groups (AllRegistered and Everyone) in Google Drive. These groups are mapped to user permission groups in Jive that have the same names, allowing both sides of the integration to share the same users.
Please refer to the related articles below for more details.
- Google Drive
- Google Drive Integration: Everything You Need to Know
- Creating Permission Groups in Google
- Deep Dive: Google Docs Integration for Jive-n