This article provides the steps to change the Access Token and Refresh Token expiration time for one or more add-ons in a Jive site.
Jive Cloud, Hosted and On-Premise
To change these values, the user should do the following:
- Log in to Jive as a user with system administration rights.
- Go to the add-ons page:
https://<your Jive site URL>/addon-services!input.jspa.
- Find the add-on you want to modify the values of and click the gear icon next to the add-on.
- Click the "Settings" link.
- Expand Advanced Settings.
- There are two fields and a checkbox inside, like this:
- Change the values to the ones you need.
- Set the Access Token expiration time in minutes or hours, selecting the option to the right of the field.
- Set the Refresh Token expiration time in hours or days, selecting the option to the right of the field.
- Optionally, you can enable the "Automatically extend access token expiration upon activity". This makes it so that each time there is an activity involving the add-on, both expiration times get reset, extending them again to the set values.
NOTE: If you enable this checkbox, then both tokens (Access and Refresh) should have the same expiration time. For example, the Access Token expiration time set in 360 minutes and the Refresh Token expiration time set in 6 hours (as in the image on step 6). Please read below for more information about this option.
- Click "Save" for the changes to be preserved.
Additional notes on the "Automatically extend access token expiration upon activity" option:
- If this option is turned on, the Access and Refresh Token expiration times will set to have the same duration, as it is needed that both tokens have the same duration when they are extended upon activity.
- If this option is turned off, you will be able to set the Access and Refresh Token expiration times to other values that you see fit.
- If you re-enable the option and save, the Refresh Token expiration time will then be changed to match the access token expiration time. This match will always be enforced while the checkbox remains active.