The Hosted Major Upgrade Process consists of a three-step process. This article explains what happens during the second phase where you have the opportunity to test and perform tweaks on the new version of the instance.
- After the new instances are built in the first phase, the support team begins to gather the necessary details from you to support the next steps in the upgrade.
- The case is then transferred to an Environment Manager who will begin to plan and coordinate your upgrade and continue to gather more technical details related to your instances.
- The case is then assigned to a Hosting engineer who will work to coordinate with you on the steps for the Test-Run specific to your instance.
- On the day of the test run, the Hosting engineer will run through a quick checklist to determine what kind of custom configurations your instance has, such as SSL Certificates, VPN tunnels, custom Apache configurations, etc. Each custom configuration is noted and a separate case is created when applicable to make sure the configuration on your new instances matches the existing instance.
During the test-run, the hosting process is also initiated. This is the same process as the actual upgrade or the Go-Live. Please refer to the Hosted Major Upgrade Process Part Three: Go-Live to learn about the next phase of this process.
- Refer to the article Hosted Major Upgrade Process to learn about the process overview.
- Click on any of the following articles to learn about the other steps of the major upgrade process: