This article explains the best practices when filing support cases. Following these suggestions will greatly speed up the resolution.
It is important that you file a new case for each individual or separate issue you may be experiencing. Jive Support will only handle individual issues per support case. If separate issues are identified in a single case then the support agent will branch the issues out to separate cases.
Following is a list of points you should follow to get started for a quick and efficient case resolution:
- Provide a meaningful case title
- Specific and reproducible steps. If it is not possible to reproduce the issue, list the steps performed on the exact date, time, and timezone the issue occurred.
- Actual behavior you observe.
- Expected behavior you do not see.
- Does the issue happen every time, or does it happen occasionally?
- Are you able to reproduce in a separate environment? (e.g., Preview, UAT, SIT, Staging, etc.)
- Does the issue happen for all users, some users, or only a specific user?
- Does the issue happen on all browser types or only specific types of browsers (e.g., Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer)?
- Can you provide a screenshot or video of the issue you see?
- Attach relevant logs:
- If On-Premise - attach relevant logs and include date/time stamp for when the issue was observed: in Jive 6.0.3 or newer, attach sbs.log, in 6.0.2 or older, attach sbs.out.
- Finding the Jive for Office and Outlook Logs
- Whenever possible Sending Your Browser's Developer Tools Console Errors to Jive Support
- Are there any configurations or custom plugins specific to your environment or recent changes Jive should be aware of while troubleshooting?