The customer wants to know how to consume Jive RSS feeds outside the Jive web application.
This article provides information about the Jive RSS feeds.
- Jive website provides the ability for users to subscribe to a content digest by using a feed.
- Feeds are enabled by default. From the Admin Console, you can turn feeds
off, specifying which format should be available and whether users (via their feed readers) should be required to send the username and password with feed requests. More information about Configuring the Feeds can be found in the Official Jive Documentation.
- Jive offers feeds in below mentioned three formats, which carry the feed data differently. More information about Available feeds can be found in the Jive Documentation.
- RSS (Really Simple Syndication).
- Atom(Atom Syndication Format).
- However, there is an important notice - "If you have SSO enabled in your community, feeds are not supported because feed reader cannot follow HTTP redirects for authentication". If your site has Single Sign On (SSO) enabled, then the RSS feeds are NOT SUPPORTED. Feed readers are not able to understand the SSO redirection and can prevent the user from being able to authenticate with their usual credentials.
- The workaround is to use non-federated credentials to be able to input them and get access to the feeds. This may not be very practical except for a small number of users.
- Users should be aware that accessing RSS feeds with simple authentication, which may contain sensitive data (e.g.- posts & comments on internal matters), may cause a security hazard.